Something that could be very frustrating for a Flex developer is the Image component.
In AS3 you can simply smooth an image when resized, in Flex you can’t : this feature was not added to the component, so when the Image is resized it gets pixelated.
This is even more frustrating when you know that the component share the same low level class than the AS3 equivalent.
There’s a solution : extend the component to access the bitmap and activate smoothing while initialization (component init for Embeded images and loading end for loaded ones).
For my own needs, i have done the following “SmoothImage” component using this solution :
And voila, this is a present.
For your convenience i have built a SWC that you just have to put in your Flex project’s “libs” folder to get a new “SmoothImage” component.
It works exactly like “Image” … with smoothing.
Yes i know, there are plenty of twitter clients, but i didn’t resist to make a new one.
Because i have good reasons :
- At this time i love Twitter, kind of a passion, this service is great.
- i’d like to test Air development.
- didn’t found (not realy searched) a client that makes “tweet-tweet” when receiving updates.
- i’d like to group my contacts and TweetDeck was to big on my screen.
- love to add some cool features (webcam upload,URLs preview).
And of course, i’d like to rule the world, Mouhahahah …
get it here : Statuzer